The end of summer break is around the corner, and with it, a new school year approaches! Here are some health preparedness tips to get you ready for the season.
The start of a new school year is an exciting time for kids and parents alike. However, it can also be a time of increased exposure to illnesses, sports injuries, and more. Our back-to-school health preparedness tips can help ensure a smooth start!
- Get a checkup: Checkups are a great opportunity to discuss your overall health with your doctor, including any concerns you may have. It is also a good time to make sure you are up to date on immunizations.
- Make sure your are eating healthily: A nutritious diet will help you stay energized and focused throughout the school day. Pack lunches with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and a healthy snack for recess. Don’t forget about hydration!
- Get enough sleep: Adolescents require roughly 10-12 hours of sleep a night. Create consistency, go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, even on weekends, this will help establish a healthy sleep schedule.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise is important for both physical and mental health. It can help improve your mood, concentration, and sleep quality. Aim for at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Practice good hygiene: Good hygiene habits can help prevent the spread of germs and keep healthy. This includes washing hands often, brushing teeth twice a day, and even getting regular haircuts.
Additional Health Tips
- Get a flu shot before the school year begins.
- Talk to your doctor about any allergies or medical conditions you have and take steps for preparedness.
- Packing a refillable bottle can be especially helpful.
- Be aware of the signs and symptoms of common illnesses.
- If your sick, stay home from school.
At Care Eleven Clinics, we can help you prepare for the school season. With regular check ups, we can alert you to potential problems before they start. From physicals to immunizations, your health and wellness are our top priority. Together we can help you stay healthy and thrive throughout the new school year!